Saturday, February 7, 2009

I love my kitchen gadgets!

I have many kitchen gadgets, more then my husband would like, but he doesn't complain when he gets to eat delicious food! =) And he loved this ice cream. I used the basic recipe for vanilla ice cream from the booklet that came with my ice cream maker and I just changed a few things. This is a very easy recipe to make and you can change it up to your taste. This would also be a special treat for Valentine's Day!



Mint Brownie Ice Cream

1 cup whole milk, well chilled
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
1-2 teaspoons mint extract, to taste
1/2 cup chopped day old brownies

In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer or a whisk to combine the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes on low speed. Stir in heavy cream and mint to taste. Cover, refrigerate, and chill if time allows.

Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Add brownie during the last 5 minutes of freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment